LeakyCon 2011 Call for Programming Now Open!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Edward
January 07, 2011, 02:11 PM

We are excited to announce that LeakyCon 2011 is now accepting programming submissions for our conference, taking place this year in Orlando, Florida!  Submissions close February 28, 2011, so please click here and follow the directions in order to submit.

LeakyCon 2011, The Leaky Cauldron's second charity conference, is accepting proposals for of our two unique tracks of programming which, together, encompass the creativity and history of the Harry Potter world: Academic and Informal.  Our academic side feature keynotes, panels, workshops, roundtables, and more, focusing on the life lessons, morals, and ideas of the Harry Potter story.  These topics will be discussed in great detail and cover every subject imaginable.  Informal programming will provide a look at the lighter and creative side of the Harry Potter fandom, with programming including fandom artists, podcasts, Quidditch games, movie screenings, and a series of events on what can be created by Harry Potter fans.  A full list of programming options, along with an example presentation summary, can be found right here.

If you haven't yet heard, LeakyCon 2011 will take place  from July 13-17, 2011, the same weekend as the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2."  Taking place at the Royal Pacific Hotel, the conference will be a short boat ride away from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.  To find out about everything we have in store for you at LeakyCon and to register, click right here.

See you in Orlando!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Wand_thumb

Thats awesome! I stayed at the Royal Pacific when I went!! I wish I could go again for LeakyCon! I am planning my whole summer with HP in my mind!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 07, 2011, 03:29 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

i wish i could go to leakycon SO BAD :(

Posted by Sohumdore on January 07, 2011, 05:07 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

it will be recorded right?

Posted by Sohumdore on January 07, 2011, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Me too! I wish I could go =(

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on January 07, 2011, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I hope Mark from the Mark Reads Harry Potter blog will come :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on January 07, 2011, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

That, and I desperately want our two favorite Nerdfighter brothers (cough HankandJohn cough*) to come and hold a panel. This would make me extraordinarily happy!!!

Posted by Bless_the_children on January 07, 2011, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awww how i wish i could go there

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on January 08, 2011, 04:28 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

I want to goooooo! I’ve been bugging my mom like crazy!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on January 08, 2011, 01:49 PM report to moderator

Oh! I want to go so bad, but we are oing to florida later on in the year instead… maybe I can convince my parents to change when we go!:)

Posted by harrypotter = life ! on January 08, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator

"I still want to hear about anything odd. But you're not to go leaving Hogwarts without permission; it would be an ideal opportunity for someone to attack you."[br]"No one's tried to attack me so far, except a dragon and a couple of grindylows," Harry sai