Additional Info on Magical Quill Challenge from Pottermore Blog

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 01, 2011, 07:30 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has answered some questions regarding the Magical Quill challenge, including what time the third clue will be released:

I have seen Pottermore early access accounts being sold online on places like eBay. Is it okay to buy or sell Pottermore accounts?
         No. Please do not buy, sell, or transfer Pottermore early access accounts.
        Obtaining Beta registration for Pottermore with the intent of selling on those
registration details for monetary gain not only deprives genuine fans the chance to gain early access, it is also expressly prohibited in The Magical Quill promotion Terms & Conditions.

We have the right to terminate any Pottermore accounts that are sold online.

Access to Pottermore is, and always will be, completely free so please don't be tempted by people selling Pottermore accounts online. You will only be wasting your money - and there are still more clues and chances to come!

Can you give me a hint as to when the next Pottermore clue will be released?

We know that many of you waited through the night for the first two clues to be posted on Pottermore.com. Although we can't tell you exactly when the clues will be released - they will all be posted at different times - we can tell you that tomorrow's clue (Clue 3) will be posted some time between 9.00am and 1.00pm BST.

I registered for early access yesterday with a Yahoo email address and have yet to receive my verification email. What's happened to my email and will I still be able to verify in time?

There is a delay with verification emails going out via Yahoo! Mail and related providers (such as BT Yahoo!), which means that, while emails are being sent out, they are being delivered at a greatly reduced rate.

We are currently talking to Yahoo in order to resolve this problem and will update this blog post with new information as we get it.

I found The Magical Quill and submitted my details to Pottermore, but I haven’t received a registration validation email. Where is it?

If you entered your email address correctly, you should receive your registration validation email quickly – and almost always within a day. When this arrives, you must click on the link in the email to complete the registration process. If you did enter your address correctly and still haven’t received anything, it may be that your email provider is still processing your email.

What happens if I don’t click on the link in my registration validation email?

To complete your registration you must click on the link in the validation email within 48 hours of submitting your details to the site. If you don’t, your registration will be invalid and you will need to start the registration process again.

Once I’ve clicked on the link in my registration validation email, will I be able to access Pottermore?

We will not be enabling early access to the site straight away. Once The Magical Quill challenge is over we will begin to send Beta registrants Welcome emails as and when they will be able to have full access to the site. We won’t be able to let everyone into the Beta site at the same time, so you may have to wait a number of weeks for your Welcome email to arrive. However, if you have been successful in registering during The Magical Quill challenge, we can confirm you will gain access ahead of the site opening to all in October, so please be patient!

For your reference, 9:00 am BST is 4:00 am EST and 1:00 am PST. Read the answers to more of your questions here. Good luck to everyone looking to find the magical quill!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Wand_thumb

Grrrr! I keep missing the times!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 02, 2011, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Selling accounts? O_O

Posted by . on August 02, 2011, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Yes… For up to $250 US on EBay…

Posted by Won_Two on August 02, 2011, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

People who sell accounts will lose their Pottermore accounts, and they will likely be banned from ebay. Not to mention that Sony could actually sue you… So very stupid.

Posted by Bless_the_children on August 02, 2011, 10:17 PM report to moderator

Hope it was worth staying up all night— MoonstoneFlame9 anxiously awaiting my welcome email!

Posted by UpToNoGood7 on August 02, 2011, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Me_harry_thumb

The most I’ve seen was $10,000,000 for an account. That was deleted right away. Lol.

Posted by Oxie on August 03, 2011, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I want pottermore now!!!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on August 03, 2011, 01:25 AM report to moderator
Roxicons-icon42_thumb

I can’t believe that some people are greedy enough to sell Pottermore accounts on ebay! I hope no one will buy them, it would be stupid considering that the magical quill challenge is still running.

Posted by Heiwa on August 03, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

cool pottermore !

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 03, 2011, 04:32 AM report to moderator

Hey guysss, please dont forget to vote for Harry, Hermione, Draco, HP7Pt1 and HP7Pt2 in the 2011 Teen Choice Awards…one vote per day per email so please try to get as many people as you can!

Posted by minniee33 on August 03, 2011, 09:29 PM report to moderator

[i]"Jiggery pokery!"[/i] said Harry in a fierce voice. [i]"Hocus pocus -- squiggly [br]wiggly --"[/i][br]"MUUUUUUM!" howled Dudley, tripping over his feet as he dashed back toward the house. "MUUUUM! He's doing you know what!"